Ten Best Family-Friendly Beaches In The U.S.
It's about that time to start thinking about your summer family vacation if you haven't already. Since we don't have really any kind of water around us, especially a beach, many of us seek out a beach destination to visit. Here is a list of the top ten family-friendly beaches in the United States.
10. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Myrtle Beach is filled with plenty of family fun on the boardwalk with amusement parks with roller coaster rides, water slides, and race tracks. There is plenty of shopping to do at the outlet mall and of course the beautiful beach.
9. Bald Head Beach, North Carolina. You always hear about how beautiful the Carolina show is. This beach is great for those families who love water activities like kayaking and boogie boarding.
8. Nantucket Beach. Located south of Cape Cod in Massachusetts, known for having a children's beach with calm waters. This is also a great place to take children who want to learn about marine life.
7. Honolulu-Oahu. Located in Hawaii, obviously, this vacation will be on the more expensive side. "Head to Waikiki Beach or Ala Moana Regional Park, two beaches where the water remains relatively calm and lifeguards are always present. When you need a break from the beach, trek the kid-friendly Makapu'u Point Lighthouse Trail or explore some of the island's historical sites, such as the Battleship Missouri Memorial. If your family happens to visit in late December or early January, make sure you go watch the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing competition on Oahu's North Shore." US News/Travel
6. Amelia Island. This Florida beach is 13 miles long and has great family adventures like Egans Creek Greenway, where you can see alligators, bobcats, and birds. Or take a family-friendly sunset river cruise with Amelia River Cruises.
5. Hilton Head, South Carolina. This vacation spot is for families looking for more than just beaches. Hilton Head is also known for its stunning golf courses and tennis courts.
4. Maui, Hawaii. This vacation will also be a little pricier than others but known for its calm waters is great for kids, The island itself offers many educational opportunities and you can even visit a dormant volcano.
3. Sanibel Beach, Florida. "The area's beaches offer calm waters that are perfect for play, and the "Sanibel Stoop" will keep little ones occupied for hours as they search for shells and sand dollars on popular shelling beaches like Bowman's and Blind Pass. Families can also look for wildlife along the 4-mile-long Wildlife Drive in J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge. If you're not yet convinced, remember that hotel deals are pretty easy to find here." Us New Travel
2. Destin, Florida. Destin has become a family vacation hotspot over the last several years. With white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters, Destin offers many activities for families with children of all ages.
1. Outer Banks, North Carolina. "The Outer Banks has activities for relaxation and for adventure. The quiet beaches are the main draw to the area, but many vacationers also visit OBX for horseback riding, hang gliding, and water sports. Exploring shipwrecks off the coast, Corolla's Currituck Beach Lighthouse, Kill Devil Hills' Wright Brothers National Memorial, or Nags Head's Jockey's Ridge State Park will satisfy any type of Outer Banks traveler. " Us New Travel