Lubbock Wants To See Your Best Trash Art
Is it trash? Or is it art? The City of Lubbock thinks it could be both and has launched an art contest called Reducing, Reusing & Recycling. The art contest is being put on by Keep Lubbock Beautiful.
The contest is open to students in Lubbock in K-12th grades. There will be three prizes of $100 awarded. Prize money will be awarded to the best piece of art from Elementary School students, Middle School students, and High School students, and home schooled kids are included.
The deadline to enter is April 2, 2021.
Keep Lubbock Beautiful is seeking to answer the questions, "can you make a piece of art using items headed for the trash? Or can you take something broken and make it new and beautiful?"
A winner from each group, Elementary, Middle School, and High School will be chosen to win the cash prize and one will have their artwork featured on the side of a Solid Waste Truck.
Here are some of the requirements:
Any artistic medium (except oil paintings)
· If submitting a poster, use 11 X 14 inch poster board, art paper, foam core board, etc. (DO NOT ADD A MAT BORDER/FRAME)
· The “Keep Lubbock Beautiful” butterfly (featured in the logo) must be incorporated somewhere in the artwork (either discreetly or prominent)
· Include the following information with the artwork- please print:
- a. Name of artist
- b. Grade level
- c. Name of School/Club if applicable
- d. Art Teacher or Point of Contact 1) name 2) email 3) phone number
Parents and students can drop off their art entries at the City of Lubbock Sanitation Building at 208 Municipal Drive, room 205.
For more information, visit the contest page for Keep Lubbock Beautiful.
LOOK: Famous Historic Homes in Every State