What’s Open and Closed in Lubbock on Veterans Day
It's awesome that we have a day to honor the veterans. What's weird is that it falls in the middle of the week. This is going to be odd for some because some places will not be open on Wednesday.
So, what is open and closed on Veterans Day?
- Almost all banks and credit unions will be closed.
- All Federal Government offices are closed.
- All Post Offices are closed.
- All National Parks are open
- Nationwide, many libraries close. But I've confirmed that Lubbock libraries will be open.
- A quick call to Lubbock's 311 service also confirmed that the City of Lubbock Offices will be open, including garbage pickup.
- Few, if any local businesses, drug stores, restaurants or grocery stores close for the holiday.
If you're actually looking for something to do, the Silent Wings Museum in Lubbock will be open on Veterans Day with free admission. The doors will open at 10 a.m. at 6202 I-27. There will be various activities taking place commemorating Veterans Day.