Lubbock County Extends Disaster Declaration to May 30th
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
The Lubbock County Commissioner's Court met Monday, April 27th and unanimously voted to extend the Declaration of Local Disaster for an additional 30 days.
Lubbock County Judge Curtis Parrish said this:
Today, Texas Governor Greg Abbott outlined his ‘Open Texas’ plan, including protocols for small business and individuals [...] Lubbock County will adhere to the guidelines set by the Governor as we work together to ensure our citizens are safe as we begin getting Lubbock County back to work.
Citizens of Lubbock County are encouraged to continue following these health guidelines:
- Stay home if you can
- Wash hands often and for 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue then throw the tissue away
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Disinfect surfaces, buttons, handles, doorknobs, and other places touched often
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick