Food Truck Alley Is Coming To Downtown Lubbock
The City of Lubbock is launching Food Truck Alley and it all starts this month.
The popularity of food trucks in Lubbock has exploded over the last several years. There are food trucks traveling the roads and setting up in parking lots everyday around the Hub City. Many of the more popular food trucks in Lubbock have also opened store front locations while still running the food truck part of the business. Food trucks have become so popular that even some established restaurants have launched their own food trucks.
So yeah, it easy to see that food trucks are popular and finally the City of Lubbock has recognized that popularity and they are launching what they hope will grow into a major lunch time event in Downtown Lubbock at the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center.
Food Truck Alley will be open to all fully permitted food trucks in Lubbock and participation is free for those food truck operators. Food Truck Alley will take place on Tuesdays in the parking lot of the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center. According to a press release there are a couple of rules, mainly for those who don't have permits.
Are you a food truck that needs to get your permits?
- Mobile food vendor inspections (Environmental Health Department and Fire Marshal's Office) are conducted in the northwest corner of the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center's parking lot (1501 Mac Davis Lane) on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. For more information, visit mylubbock.us/food-truck-alley
Food Truck Alley
- This event will be open to all fully permitted food trucks in Lubbock.
- Food trucks that need to get fully permitted MUST come at the designated inspection time.
- All fully permitted food trucks that intend to participate need to arrive at the Civic Center parking lot no later than 10:30 a.m.Spaces will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- Only trucks that are already fully permitted prior to the day of the event may promote their participation at “Food Truck Alley”.
- Participation in the “Food Truck Alley” event is free of charge.
The first two Food Truck Alley events are already on the calendar. The first Food Truck Alley will happen on Tuesday, July 19 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The second will be Tuesday, August 16 at the same time, at the same place.
Hopefully this grows and becomes a big event.