Barney Was Filmed In Texas?! What Other Shows?
If you just finished the Peacock original docuseries "I love you, You hate me" and were shocked to find out Barney & Friends was filmed in Texas...these others may shock you as well! But before we get to that, here are some celebrities born in Texas that were involved with Barney, too!
Selena Gomez is from Grand Prairie, TX and started her career on Barney & Friends.
Demi Lovato was actually born in Albuquerque, NM but her mom was a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader and her older sister is named Dallas.
Television Shows Filmed in Texas
- 19 Kids and Counting with with Jim Bob and Michelle Dugger
- DALLAS - both the 70's soap and the revival in 2012
- Friday Night Lights which started as a series and was adapted in to a film
- From Dusk till Dawn: The Series
- Married At First Sight
- My Life as Liz - a hilarious MTV classic
- Panic based off of the 2014 book that's now available on Amazon Prime
- Surviving Nugent
- Walker, Texas Ranger which shouldn't be a huge surprise
- Wishbone !!!!!
Movies Filmed in Texas
- 8 Seconds was filmed in several locations around Texas, including Boerne, Helotes and Del Rio
- Bernie was also directed by a Texas-born named Richard Linklater
- Dazed and Confused is where we met Texas native Matthew McConaughey, and for the first time heard- "that's what I like about these high school girls, man...I get older, they stay the same age..."
- Giant was filmed in Marfa, TX before it was cool to film in Marfa, TX
- No Country For Old Men puts West Texas in the forefront as well as serves as an incredible backdrop in this movie
- Office Space was filmed in Austin and Dallas
- Pee Wee's Big Adventure
- Varsity Blues was filmed in Coupland and Elgin, with two memorable scenes filmed in Austin proper