All Lubbock ISD Educators Get Raises, Says Board of Trustees
The Lubbock Independent School District Board of Trustees announced on Thursday that every classroom educator in LISD will be getting a raise.
According to KAMC News, the raise will be at least 5% but for those with 5 or more years of experience, it will be 6%.
President of the Board of Trustees for LISD Zach Brady said that this is all thanks to actions of the legislature. The school district will also be able to have a $0.07 lower school tax rate next year.
When the basic allotment increases, districts will have to dedicate 30% of per student revenue gain compared to the year prior to pay for raises for non-administrative staff.
75% of that amount will be used for compensation increases to teachers, librarians, counselors and nurses. The remaining 25% will be used as determined by the district for compensation increases for full-time employees.