Lubbock ISD Launches New App for Mobile Devices
The Lubbock Independent School District has launched a new mobile app available on both Apple iPhones and Android devices.
The new app, which integrates with the Lubbock ISD website and the new Parent Notification System, is Lubbock ISD's latest foray into connecting with parents and teachers on their mobile devices.
Here is a rundown of what the new Lubbock ISD app offers:
- From the Directory icon, users can send an email to a teacher/staff member or call the person on their Lubbock ISD phone number.
- Gradebook - These links will interface with the district’s student information system for real-time information on grades and attendance. Parents who have not set up a Gradebook account must do so on the Gradebook Access full site rather than through the app or a mobile device. A how-to document is available in the app Resources section or on the Lubbock ISD Web site under 'Gradebook Access.'
- Calendars – As a result of being able to follow one or several campuses, users can download calendar events to the calendar on their mobile device. Those selections are managed in 'Settings.'
- Lunch Menus – PDF versions of grade-level lunch menus can be accessed through the 'Change' button within the Lunch Menus section.
- Resources – This section will be a place to post information documents.
- Ask LISD – This feature allows a user to submit questions or comments anonymously or with contact information. We are pleased with the enhanced ability for stakeholders to communicate to Lubbock ISD. This does not replace Trust Line, the reporting system for secondary students.
- Bus Routes – Links to Durham’s Infofinder.
- Athletics – Athletic schedules can be accessed via Rank One.
- MySchoolBucks – Links to the mobile view for MySchoolBucks where users can check lunch balances and add money to an account. More features will be added to this feature, like the ability to review the nutritional values of foods on the lunch menu.
- Language – A preferred language can also be selected in 'Settings.'
For those who've previously downloaded Lubbock ISD's app, they can simply update it to receive the new functionalities.