Ransom Canyon Tour of Homes Scheduled for December 8
The 32nd Annual Ransom Canyon Tour of Homes is scheduled for Thursday, December 8, 2016, 6:30pm-9:00pm. The one-night-only event will benefit the Ransom Canyon Memorial Chapel & Gardens.
Tickets are now on sale at the following locations: Ransom Canyon City Hall, 24 Lee Kitchens Drive; the offices of Drs. Ed & Lisa Wentz, 4013 84th Street in Lubbock; American Bank of Commerce, 50th Street and Memphis Avenue in Lubbock; Christian Brothers Automotive, 6207 82nd Street in Lubbock; and Centennial Bank, 103 Texas Avenue in Slaton.
Tickets purchased in advance of the Tour of Homes cost $12.50 each or 5 for $50.00. Tickets can also be purchased the night of the event at the Ransom Canyon Fire Station, located at 1 Ridge Road, for $15.
Additional information provided by the Tour of Homes organizers concerning this year's homes: The 2016 tour features four beautifully decorated homes plus the Ransom Canyon Memorial Chapel; here are descriptions of the homes.
- Step into the Riley’s newly renovated home and experience the rustic elegance of Santa Fe style right here in West Texas. This home was completely updated with from top to bottom, inside and out. The home is filled with details reminiscent of Santa Fe—the fireplace in the den, the wooden ceilings and beams on the first level, archways and “nichos”, and the unique Saltillo tile floors. Ron & Charlotte Riley invite you to enjoy their collection of Native American rugs, pottery and art. Each room is simply adorned for the Christmas season to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. One of the four Christmas trees is a special tree dedicated to Charlotte’s mother whose maiden name was “Snow”. Hope you enjoy this special season and time of celebrating with family and friends.
- Welcome to a traditional Christmas at the Turner’s newly constructed home. The open floor plan has huge windows across the entire back of the house that overlook the lake, canyon and koi pond. There are unique rooms throughout the house: the Library with a grand piano, the sunroom with a hot tub, the upstairs reading nook with a stunning view, and a huge playroom for the grandkids complete with secret rooms and built in bunk beds! “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!” Merry Christmas!
- The Bateman’s would like to invite you to tour our lovely home this Christmas. Since acquiring our home in October of 2012 we’ve done extensive remodeling both inside and outside. Our Mediterranean style home is tucked away in a corner of the canyon with a beautiful lake view and view of the canyon rim from the front and the patio in the back, along with our 100+ year old Cottonwood Tree! It’s the perfect place for our young family to grow together. We’d like to invite you and yours to come experience our home and our Christmas décor!
- Deck the Halls! Every room in the Carlisle home is elegantly decorated for Christmas: from the open living room with close up views of the lake & dock, to the beautifully appointed bedrooms, to the dining room with MacKenzie-Childs collection throughout. Christmas is family affair and Robbie & Ralph make sure that everyone has special ornaments on the tree. Be sure to check out the unique “picture tree” in the kitchen nook! Above all, Jesus is the focus of this season!
- The Ransom Canyon Memorial Chapel will be open for the Tour. We welcome you in for hot apple cider, homemade cookies and Christmas music.
To purchase advance tickets, please contact Allison @ 829-2609. For additional information please contact Carol @ 829-2637
A shuttle service will be provided for those who choose to ride up to the Chapel rather than walk the garden pathway.